Wednesday, September 16, 2009

parking

I don’t know what it is, but this year there is almost no parking by nine thirty. There are just a couple rows left in east lake parking lot. I don’t know if theirs just a lot more freshmen this year or what but its sometimes annoying having to park in east lake and then walk to McKay. The school needs to think about finding some more room to put a parking lot or something. Or be allowed to put more part time parking on Main Street.

4 comments:

  1. Tell me about it. I started coming here last semester as a Post-Bac and there was always plenty of parking. Very few times did I have to sit and wait for a parking spot. This semester there is like an over abundance of freshman or something. I think there should be a rule that if you live within a half of mile from the school you shouldn't be permitted a commuter parking pass unless there isn't sidewalks or some other safety concern that would omit a person from walking. There was an email I got in the beginning of the semester informing me that there were 60 new parking spots available. I feel like that just is not enough still, especially if there are more freshman than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya man, I hear you. They did not make the parking lot bigger but behing building E they changed the last few lots to commuter parking. I dont understand why they just don't allow us to park anywhere. There are so many kids on this campus and we are so limited on parking. Something really does need to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree. I commute to school and the closest I can ever park is at east lake. What is even the point in driving? More than 8,000 students go to school here and I feel like we have 2,000 parking spots, 1,000 of them being at east lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the parking situation if you come any later than 930 you almost can't find a spot. More parking lots would definitely help I don't know where they could put more parking though. I see your point on them having more day time parking on Main Street but I don't see that happening either. I guess we'll just have to deal with the way that they have the parking set up because I doubt they'll change it.

    ReplyDelete