Tuesday, September 15, 2009
smoker's trash
The first semester I came to slippery rock the campus was really clean and well kept. In the second semester things changed, I don't smoke so I didn't think the smoking ban would concern me. Turns out it ended up affecting me. Since people are not supposed to be smoking on campus anymore, the ash trays were taken out. So students still smoked but just threw their buds on the ground and they were everywhere. It’s not that bad this year just I still notice it especially outside my apartment. I find it ignorant that people can’t either wait till they go somewhere they can smoke or simply dispose of their trash properly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you. I came here last year and when they made smoking ordinance I saw the change as well. Outside of the buildings in the quad there were smoking buds everywhere and it was disturbing. I don't know anyone would smoke and if you do why not throw the bud in the trash. Its litering and it has to stop. I also find it disturbing when those kind of smokers throw their buds out the window. Smoking is nothing bud nuisance.
ReplyDeleteWhat?! .. smoking rocks!!! Nah just kidding. I hate smoking too. I thought I heard sometime last semester that the ban was overturned because some professors were complaining. But anyway,I think the only reason there is a problem is because there's nobody around to enforce the rule. Campus security is nowhere to be seen walking the paths of campus. Rarely do I ever see the one on the bicycle, but the rest just drive past in there vehicles. If there was more of a sercurity presence, I think smokers would be more discouraged to smoke on campus.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. The ground is not a trash bin. I haven't heard much on the ban but it's common sense that if you see a trash can throw it in, not on the ground. It was really bad a couple years ago, there were cigarette butts all over the ground. This year it's not that bad but there are still cigarettes laying all over the place.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you’re saying. It's important to keep the environment clean, and by throwing trash on the ground you’re not keeping campus clean. I feel like students should be picking up trash off the ground instead of throwing it on the ground. It was especially bad last semester trash was everywhere from cigarette's to pop bottles and it’s not right. This makes the school look bad. When campus towards come with high school senior wanting to go to SRU and they see all the trash it makes the school look really bad. This is a problem that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
ReplyDelete